Self-care is not selfish
It strengthens us and enables us to support our loved ones. We are of no use to anyone if we have given every last bit of our energy away and feel exhausted. Self-care is an antidote to stress, as it builds resilience so we can cope with life and its challenges AND enjoy the good times
Remember we’re told to put on our oxygen mask first on a plane — before we help others!
I absolutely believe in supporting others, nevertheless I am a firm believer that you need to nurture yourself first.
Self-care looks different for each of us. We all have different preferences. Listen to your inner voice and feel into what nurtures you. At times we can’t even hear our own inner voice because we are so busy anticipating the needs of those we care about, so take a moment and listen within about what you really need right now.
Here's a list of my own self-care practices
I hope it gives you some inspiration for your own self-care regim
1. Get outside every day
2. To feel grounded lie down on the grass, walk barefoot on the ground
3. Gratitude — Start and finish every day with at least three things I’m thankful for today
4. Eat healthily every day
5. Avoid sugar
6. Move and stretch every day
7. Regular yin yoga, intuitive yoga and meditation
8. Spend time with people I love
9. Have inspiring conversations with like-spirited people — find your tribe
10. Setting healthy boundaries — Pausing before saying yes ‘Do I really want to do this?’ If not it’s a No
11. Play every day — have fun, be weird and silly and laugh
12. Sleep at least 8 hours every night
13. Schedule ‘Me-time’ (no cleaning, shopping, phone calls allowed!) 14. Be unapologetically authentically me — not the version others may prefer or assume
15. Follow my intuition — always
16. No phone o laptop in the bedroom
17. Daily digital detox, weekly at least one full day offline
18. Being patient with myself
and lastly, 19. BREATHE! When in doubt stop and take 10 deep breaths
How do you practice self-care?
Send a message to email@example.com and share your self-care practices and let me know how I can support you.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!